Peter Ebdon retires from professional snooker after injury

Peter Ebdon won the 2002 WSC against Stephen Hendry 
Peter Ebdon, former world championship has retired from the professional snooker after injury. He opted to end his career than to have spinal surgery after enduring neck, back, shoulder and arm pain.

Ebdon, 49, won the 2002 world snooker championship after beating Stephen Hendry 18-17 in a thrilling final. He got into the final of the world championship thrice (1996, 2002 and 2006 ). During his 29 year career,  Peter Ebdon won 6 ranking events including the UK championship in 2006.

Ebdon said - " I had a MRI scan several weeks ago and that showed significant wear and tear in my neck and I have been in pain since Christmas"

He also said - " Two of my vertebrae needs to be replaced which is too risky as if it went wrong, I could be on a wheelchair my entire life. IT"S FAR TOO RISKY"

Barry Hearn congratulated Ebdon on his wonderful career. Following was his tweet -


-- Check out our other social media accounts for more snooker --

SOCIAL MEDIA  -

1) Facebook 

2) Instagram

3) Youtube 

READ MORE --

-- Ronnie O'Sullivan Best Performance of his Snooker Career --

-- When Will World Snooker Championship Start --

-- I would love to win another World Title - Ronnie O'Sullivan --


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Fastest Maximum 147 Breaks in Snooker