Ronnie O'Sullivan - Career affected due to dad's 18 - year jail sentence



Ronnie O'Sullivan believes that dad's 18-year jail sentence affected his career. Ronnie senior was jailed for murder in 1992 for a period of 18 years and the rocket believed that he was big force driving him. He kept him on the straight and narrow. "To not have him was tough. It was teamwork". "From 1995-2000 I won a few tournaments but I was never really consistent as I should've been. 

"I probably wasted 5 years of my career. My dad was away and when he went away, it took me a year to get my head around accepting that he wasn't going to be around"

"When I won that tournament, I devoted that win to him and if I never won another tournament, it would be fine"

The 5 time world championship thinks that he would have surpassed Hendry's record of 7 world titles if he had not lost his attention.

"I certainly would have enjoyed my career more having him around than not having him around. I would have won more tournaments if he was there"


Credits : Getty Images
 
At some point, I can't go on forever. It would look stupid keeping playing and playing.I love doing the exhibitions and stuff like that but if I get another 4 or 5 years oit of my snooker career, it would be great.
                                                    
And O'Sullivan who won the world title last in 2013 said - " I think I'll give it one good crack maybe next year or the year after I might play some more tournaments and then by the time I'm 50, I'll call it a day" 



Comments

  1. Yes must of been very tuff on you ronnie but made you a better person strength wise in your mind .love watching you play an what you do with white ball.thankyou your a legend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Fastest Maximum 147 Breaks in Snooker