Ronnie O'Sullivan explains actual reasons why he didn't play at the Dafabet Masters 2020

Credits - Daily Mirror

Earlier this year, Ronnie O'Sullivan decided not to enter the Masters 2020 citing personal reasons. Well this was the first time that the 7-time Masters champion Ronnie O'Sullivan decided not to enter the event. He proclaimed that "it was a mistake on world snooker's part and they hope to accept it.

O’Sullivan Personal reasons not behind Masters absence

It's a fantastic tournament but I just didn't want to play in it this year.I'm looking forward to doing some other stuff

The masters is such a great tournament that I just think that spot should go to someone who's dedicated to the game, loves playing and will give 100 percent"

But in the recent live session with Stephen Hendry, Ronnie revealed the actuals reasons why he didn't enter the tournament. It was the interviews after the match that exhausted Ronnie and made him make this decision

It wasn't playing in the masters but all the stuff that goes with it.After each match you have to do six or seven interviews

"After last year's semi-final, they kept me there for 3 hours doing interviews for the next day's match. I went like you know I don't want it that bad, I just want to play in the tournament I enjoy

Embed from Getty Images

Ronnie O'Sullivan enjoys being at China's snooker tournaments. Ronnie said - " I enjoy the China ones. I know it's a bit of a hassle getting there. The flight and the travelling but once you reach there, they look after you really well, you might do one interview after the match but they don't abuse you.

MORE : Ronnie O'Sullivan - Career affected due to dad's 18 - year jail sentence

MORE : Trump not impressed by " Shot of the Championship" selection

Follow us across our social channels, on Youtube, Facebook and Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Fastest Maximum 147 Breaks in Snooker